I’ve had a blast being a guest on a few podcasts recently:
On The Money Mindset Podcast, host Ashley Patrick and I talked about balancing college savings and funding with a family’s other financial responsibilities, best practices in borrowing for college, and so much more.
On Pumped Up Parenting, host Celia Kibler and I talked financial aid, the FAFSA, and the many great pathways out there for students to get great educations that prepare them for adulthood.
My other big news is my book, How to Pay for College, comes out next month! How to Pay for College walks you through the steps to create a complete financial plan for your child’s education, including worksheets and checklists to help you implement the plan. Topics include:
- Balancing college planning with your family’s overall financial needs and wants
- Talking to your student about money and college costs
- Figuring out how much college actually costs
- Developing a savings plan and a college budget
- The FAFSA and CSS Profile
- Finding merit scholarships
- Student loans
- Researching colleges to find great fits: academic, social and financial
- Reviewing and negotiating financial aid awards
- Putting together a spending plan for college
- Outside-the-box tips and tricks to bring down the cost of attendance
If you enjoy my blog content, you’ll want to pick up a copy of How to Pay for College ASAP!